Getting Ready || The Wedding

The morning of the wedding I woke up feeling a little out of it and on the edge of a headache. Thankfully that didn't last too long and I felt good the rest of the day! The night before I had put my hair into sponge curlers, as the texture would make it easier to do my hair.

My last selfie as an engaged person!

I got up, showered, and got ready. I did my hair myself and the only makeup I wore was red lipstick. In typical Sereina fashion, I had allowed much more time than I actually needed that morning! Ha! My bridesmaids (Carrie, Tiana, and Alina) all stayed the night, so we got ready together. A little later the rest of my family came to my apartment and we all hung out and watched weird videos Tiana had found on YouTube! We were pretty much just killing time at that point.


Several hours later it was finally time to leave! We had our venue starting at noon and we got there a few minutes before. I rode with Carrie and we hid in the card on the other side of the venue so Kaleb wouldn't accidentally see me. A little while after, we shuffled me inside and upstairs to the main getting ready room. Then I was left all by myself. Everyone else was helping unload and that was honestly the hardest part for me: sitting upstairs doing nothing! It was finally the wedding day and I couldn't even help set up. I just wanted to help! lol!



I was super thankful that so many people were willing to come and help set up. That was the only thing that kept me from going crazy: knowing that we had a team of people who wanted to help us in that way. Later when I did come downstairs, I was definitely much more at easy because they all handled it like pros.

Putting the centerpieces together.


Fluffing and hanging tissue paper pom-poms.

Ben, Matthew, and Keith were all amazing and helped with all of the dance floor and band and all that fun stuff.

Fluffing more pom-poms.

The bouquets.

My dress.

Unfortunately the photos of Tiana helping me into and lacing my dress went corrupt. Those were honestly the photos that were least important to me, as I'm more into the candid and special moment photos, so it wasn't a huge deal. I do get curious now and then and just wonder what they looked like though!

And that's how I got ready for the big day! Up next, our first look!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Month Before

First Dance + Snowball || The Wedding

Booking Vendors